The Mk4 Roadster Base Kit: $14,990
The original Factory Five Mk1 Roadster was based on the innovation of using running gear from a single donor vehicle, namely, the high-performance Ford Mustang. The concept was, and still is, so simple. If you have our base Mk4 kit and running gear parts from a 1987-2004 Mustang GT donor car, you already have all the parts you need to build and drive your car!
What You Get
The Mk4 Base kit gives you everything you need to build your car, except for parts taken from a 1987-1993 donor Mustang. You can also use parts from 1994-2004 Ford Mustangs if you choose.
We also offer many of the Ford Mustang parts brand new, for those who choose to select only certain Mustang donor parts.
Here’s a list of what comes standard in the Factory Five Racing Mk4 Base Kit.
Complete jig-welded original style 4” round tube frame. Includes all mounts ready to accept small block Ford and 1987-2004 Mustang running gear. Kit can be ordered to accept a wide variety of engines/suspensions.
- Includes 3-point roll bar, powdercoated black
- Includes passenger side roll bar mounts
- Chassis powdercoating optional
- Hand laid 3/16” laminate composite body and panels made with vinylester resin.
- Driver and passenger doors with molded door liners and integral steel door frames
- Hood with molded hood liner and separate hood scoop
- Trunk with molded trunk liner and improved mount face for license plate light
- Includes secondary body fasteners assembly
- Adhesive backed foam weatherstrip
- C-channel door edge trim and fasteners
- Plastic end caps and body mount fasteners
- Trunk and engine bay push-on rubber bulb seal
- Rubber hood and trunk bumpers
- Includes multi-adjustable door hinges with bronze bushings and fasteners
- Includes adjustable hidden trunk hinge kit, hinge mount plates and fasteners
- Includes competition hood pin set with mount plates and fasteners
- Includes original design quick-jack competition bumpers with stainless steel sleeves and fasteners
Chassis Aluminum Panels:
Includes more than 40 laser cut, pre-formed 6061-T6 aluminum panels for cockpit, trunk, and engine bay.
- 1,200 pre-packaged rivets; 1/8” short and long, 3/16” short and long
- Complete Mk4 aluminum cockpit with block-off plates and patch covers
- Engine bay aluminum assembly with aluminum nose sections and splash guards
Front suspension comes ready to use Mustang lower control arm/spindle and brakes, including:
- KONI brand high performance mono-tube shock absorbers
- Coil-over kit for KONI dampers including spring hat, threaded seat and 500 lb. black powdercoated performance springs
- Adjustable upper control arms with ball joints and fasteners
- Spindle adapter bracket
- Grade-8 mounting hardware
Our 4-link and 3-link rear suspension options include rear axle brackets, fasteners and axle straps to mount your Mustang 8.8” rear solid axle and brakes. Comes with all hardware required for installation.
Our 2015 Mustang independent rear suspension option includes:
- Welded tubular steel IRS frame
- Upper and lower control arms with bushings, grease fittings, and fasteners, powdercoated black
- Left and right IRS toe adjustment arms with rod ends and fasteners, powdercoated black
- KONI coil-over shocks with coil-over kit, springs, and fasteners
- Right and left CV axles
- Rear wheel studs
- IRS e-brake cable adapter
- Differential mounting components, bushings, and fasteners
- Driveshaft adapter for manual cast iron center section
Base kit comes with pre-flared brake and fuel lines, (3/16”, 1/4” and 5/16”) and fasteners to use OEM Ford Mustang fuel tank and system. Includes polished vintage Aston LeMans flip top gas cap, integral modern fuel pressure cap and adaptor kit. Fuel lines, connectors, filler neck and fasteners included.
- Pre-flared fuel lines (1/4” and 5/16”) with unions, barbs, hose clamps and high press flex lines and fasteners
- Aston LeMans style polished aluminum fuel cap with integral pressure cap, gaskets, ground strap, fuel hose to tank with fasteners
Steering adapter kit to utilize Mustang steering rack includes upper shaft, pillow blocks, flange bearings, fasteners, lower shaft and U-joints. Features a collapsible column, vintage wood and aluminum steering wheel with aluminum boss, center section and center section badge.
- Lower steering shaft with 1987-1993 rack adapter (3/4”-36 spline)
- Upper steering shaft, spring washer and fasteners
- 14” vintage wood and aluminum steering wheel with boss and FFR center section and fasteners
- Steering bearings and hardware, including flange bearing, pillow block bearing and fasteners
- Electric cooling fan and mounting kit with connectors
- Radiator mount kit and fasteners
Misc. Engine Accessories/Side Exhaust/Mounts:
The Mk4 base kit is configured to accommodate some big block Ford engines, small block Ford windsor engines, and modular 4.6L and the 5.0L Coyote engine. Kit comes with alternate drive pulley assembly, oil filter relocate kit, and exhaust assembly to adapt Mustang engine and headers to vintage side exit exhausts.
- 4-into-1 side exhaust, bare steel with rubber hanger brackets, gaskets and fasteners
- Oil filter relocate mount with fittings, hoses, barbs and fasteners
- Spin-on engine block adapter for SBF or BBF only
- Alternate drive pulley, spacer, pulley wheel and fasteners
- SB performance air filter, conical
- A/C replacement pulley kit and custom length fan belt with fasteners.
- Accelerator cable assembly: includes the cable, return spring and retainer
Electrical and Gauges/Dash Assembly:
Base kit parts are included to adapt Mustang wiring harness and EEC IV computer. Kit comes with components to build your car with an authentic street style dash. Complete assembly comes with covered aluminum dash, dash buttons, toggles and indicator lights, switches, and horn.
- Battery mounting kit: Trunk mount battery hardware, cables and hold-downs with fasteners
- Battery ground strap
- Insulated line clips and hardware
- Cable ties, wire loom and flex grommeting
- Mk4 pre-cut aluminum dashboard with fasteners
- Padded dash cover, black vinyl with dash button and toggles
- Dash indicators, red, green, blue dash lights
- Mustang gauge conversion kit with machined bezels, spacers, wiring extensions, fasteners and lenses
The Mk4 base kit comes with all the interior accessories you need to create a full interior that is period correct. Check out this full list of standard parts/assemblies:
- Authentic roadster metal framed seats, black vinyl with fasteners
- 5-point Simpson brand H-harnesses; 3” wide driver and passenger, frame mounted with fasteners
- Complete cockpit carpet set, black
- Emergency brake boot, black leather
- Original style MGTF door latches, fasteners and leather check straps
- Authentic chrome shifter handle, shift knob, boot, polished ring and fasteners
- Original style rear view cockpit mounted and side view/flank mounted mirrors
- Authentic 14” wood and aluminum steering wheel with polished aluminum boss (listed in steering assembly), and FFR ceramic center badge
- Covered aluminum dash with all dash buttons, toggles and indicator lights
- Mustang gauge conversion kit with machined bezels, spacers, wiring extensions, fasteners and lenses
Exterior Accessories and Lighting:
Along with the goodies on the inside of the car, the Mk4 base kit is loaded with the right exterior parts and trim.
- Original style chrome-on-brass vintage windscreen, tinted with side bars and fasteners; DOT safety glass compliant
- Original style 3-lock set including T-trunk handle, L-shaped hood handles, matching keys, cam wedges, fasteners, latch pin sleeves and plastic end cap
- Original style license plate light and bracket with fasteners
- Original style 3.5” Aston roller gas cap, polished cast aluminum with adaptor kit and all fasteners.
- Competition hood pins.
- High quality laser-cut aluminum louvers
- FFR badging for nose and tail
- Original style DOT headlamp assemblies, including buckets, halogen headlamps, trim rings, and fasteners
- Original style front turn signals, amber and red twin filament rear tail-lights (DOT on all lighting)
- Original style Quick Jack bumpers
Pedal Box Components:
Utilizing the Mustang pedal box, we supply you with pedal box adapter kit, fasteners and accelerator cable, pedal capture, return spring and ball stud retainer with fasteners.
More than 1,500 top quality zinc plated, chrome and stainless steel USS and SAE fasteners, numbered and packed individually by assembly.
Mk4 Roadster Base Kit Assembly Manual:
Bound 400+ page assembly manual, also available in PDF by email.
Note: Due to the complexity of different Mustang parts from 1996 to 2004, we have two simple packages that address these part differences. Basically, all the kit parts that we provide are interchangeable except for a few items.
If you use Mustang parts from 1996-2004, the following parts are available as a single part package:
- Ignition switch; includes the key, switch and electrical connectors
- Brake hydroboost mount assembly for customers using hydroboost brakes
- Radiator mounting assembly
- Fuel filler tube assembly
- A/C eliminator bracket assembly and air filter mount assembly
- Polyurethane engine and transmission mount
What You Need
Major Parts from ‘87-’04 Mustang
- Engine and transmission
- Ford 8.8” rear end with quad-shocks, brakes, springs and control arms
- Mustang front and rear brakes
- Mustang spindles/lower A-arms
Minor Parts from ‘87-’04 Mustang
- Radiator/fan shroud
- Steering rack with factory ignition
- Ford EFI computer and wire harness
- Mustang fuel tank and fuel filter
- Mustang E-brake handle and pedal box
- Wheels, Tires, and Paint
Optional 2015 IRS Parts Needed
- 2015-current Ford Mustang manual transmission center section, spindles, and brakes.
Factory Five uses BluePrint Engines in our cars. The crew at BluePrint Engines have designed several drop-in engine/transmission packages for Factory Five customers. If you have our Factory Five kit, BluePrint will sell you the running gear needed to finish your car. Brand-new, reasonably priced, high-performance, drop-in engines that are dyno-tested with full warranty and ready to run. Click here to check out their affordable engine packages.