The crew at RideTech have been working on their Factory Five ’33 Hot Rod all summer, taking it to events such at the GoodGuys Shootout Autocross held back in July as well as other events. The team has recently completed the 5th Annual Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational in Pahrump last weekend.
The Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational sees 55 of the fastest cars in the world compete against each other in evens such as an autocross course, road course, and speed stop challenge. With participants ranging from a 1967 Camaro with 900 HP to a Lamborghini which recorded 236 MPH in the standing mile, the RideTech Factory Five ’33 Hot Rod was in good company. Before the event, the guys at RideTech made some tweaks to the power steering, installed a new clutch, and added a wing on the rear to give the car some more downforce.
All of these tweaks paid off as during the event last weekend, the ’33 Hot Rod finished 5th in the autocross event, 12th in the road course event, and won the speed stop challenge event to finish tied for 3rd overall!
RideTech President Bret Voelkel commented on how hard his team has worked on the Hot Rod over the summer and finished saying, “it is truly fun to drive on the street and on the track!”
Here’s the list of the Top 10 participants:
1. Mark Stielow (1967 Chevrolet Camaro)
2. Brian Hobaugh (1973 Chevrolet Camaro)
3. Bret Voelkel* (1933 Factory Five Hot Rod)
3. Todd Earsley* (2003 Mitsubishi Lance Evolution 8 GSR)
5. Travis Hill (2013 Nissan GT-R)
6. Steven Rupp (1968 Chevrolet Camaro)
7. Danny Popp (2010 Chevrolet Camaro L28)
7. Kyle Tucker (1970 Chevrolet Camaro)
7. Karl Dunn (2007 Ford Saleen Parnelli Jones Mustang)
10. Brian Finch (1972 Chevrolet Camaro)
Congratulations to Bret Voelkel and the entire RideTech crew on a fantastic finish at the Optima Ultimate Street Cat Invitational!