818C Coupe Kit: $13,990
The 818C is based on the 818S chassis, but incorporates a new removable hard top with interior bulk head, power side windows, rear glass hatch, and rear glass quarter windows. A revised front end includes new fenders, 3D-printed headlamp bucket and revised headlight design, nose, and grill (standard now in all 818 designs).
What You Get
Factory Five tubular steel space-frame chassis with integrated roll hoop, side-impact protection, crumple zones front and rear, and aluminum chassis panels.
Complete composite body with the following gel-coat or composite panels: lower front nose, right and left front quarter panels, hood, right and left doors and door liners, side and rear lower quarter panels, tail section, upper trunk hatch.
Aluminum and Composite Chassis Panels:
Pre-fit inner panels that form the cockpit, floors, rear bulk head, engine bay, 1/8” aluminum firewall, and splash guards.
Front Suspension and Steering:
Front upper control arms, spindle adapter brackets, KONI brand coil over shock assembly, brake bias adjuster, and brake line adapters. Steering rack mounts and fasteners to use Subaru steering rack and column.
Multi-link rear suspension includes rear upper camber link, upper forward link, KONI brand coil over shock kit, fasteners, and adapter brackets. Frame mounts enable use of Subaru links and transmission.
Fuel tank with adapter kit (requires Subaru fuel pump assembly, lines, and fittings).
Cooling system adapter kit with radiator hose extensions and
fasteners to utilize the Subaru radiator.
Exterior Trim, Lighting, and Glass:
Kit includes headlights with integral turn signals and running lights, tail lights, windshield, gas cap, mesh vent trim, and badges.
The 818 is designed to use Subaru interior components such as gauge pod and seating. Kit includes OEM-styled ABS formed interior door panels, seat adapter brackets, OEM-styled ABS formed dash, center console, shifter assembly, and E-brake adapter.
Bound assembly manual is available in hard copy and in download PDF format.
What You Need
The key to the 818 being completed for under $15,000 is to use as many parts from the donor car as possible. The parts needed from a 2002-2007 Subaru Impreza/WRX sedan or wagon (except STI models*) include the following:
- Front spindles with full brakes and front lower control arms
- Rear spindles with brakes and E-brake handle/cables
- Steering rack, tie rod ends, and upper steering column assembly
- Pedal box and throttle pedal
- Master cylinder and brake booster, and clutch master cylinder
- Engine with turbo and intercooler (if WRX model)
- Exhaust manifolds, O2 sensors, and down tube
- Rear lower control arms, toe links, and CV joints
- Front seats, front seat belts, and gauge pod
- Fuel pump and fuel level assemblies
- Radiator and fan
- Wheels and tires
- Door hinges, rear with latches, strikers, and inside door handles
- Side view mirrors, left and right
- Rear view mirror
- Rear seat belts
*You can use a 2004-2007 Subaru STI as a donor car for your 818 build including the engine, but not as a single donor car build. The following parts will need to be sourced from an Impreza/WRX:
- Front spindles and hubs
- Rear spindles and hubs
- CV Axles
- Transmission (Pre-2006 STI transmissions will not work with the 2 wheel drive adapter)
- Wiring harness