Customer Steve L. from Slidell, LA has officially graduated his Mk4 Roadster build, FFR8515! Steve has been documenting his build quite thoroughly on The Factory Five Forum and you can view his graduation thread here.
Steve’s graduation video/walk around of his Factory Five Mk4 Roadster
Before starting his build, Steve called Factory Five, and ended up talking with Dave Smith about his build plans. Dave tried to talk Steve out of going to the “dark side” by putting a Chevy in the Roadster, but also gave him a customer contact who had put a Chevy in their Roadster.
Steve spoke with customer Randy Jones to discuss his Mk3 Roadster build with a SBC at which point he was hooked, and began finalizing his build plans.
Steve’s Mk4 “Redbone” Roadster build specs:
- 383 Small Block Dart (SBC) 10-1 Somewhat Pump Gas Friendly Compression Ratio!
- Eagle Internally Balanced Rotating Assembly With 6″ H-Beam Rods With Floating Forged Flat Tops.
- Dart Iron Eagle 215 CC Heads with 2.05 Intake & 1.60 Exhaust Valves.
- Harland Sharp Roller Rockers & Other Go Fast Goodies.
- Comp Cam Extreme Energy 288 Hydraulic Roller Tappet Cam
- Edelbrock AVS 800 Feeding A Weiand 7530 Team G Single Plane Manifold.
- Schoenfeld IMCA Modified Headers & They Really, Really Fit, But Stuff Had To Move A Bit!
- New Old Stock Corvette ZF 6-Speed Transmission With Hydraulic Clutch. (.75 and .50 Overdrives)
- Standard Front End Set Up With Mustang Brakes & Forte’s .75” Sway Bar.
- Standard 3 Link Moser Dana 44 (TSD 500) Rear With 3.73 Gears & Explorer Brakes.
- The wheelbase has been shortened by .875″ to better center the rear wheels within the wheel arches and improve pinion angle adjustment.
- The fuse block has been moved to the passenger side of the car which allows the car to have an uncluttered foot box and to better protect it.